Triple monitor, same unique ID

mmagdy88

Hello,

I was doing some maintenance on my PC and I switched my triple monitors cables and put them in different sockets on what they were before.

Since I did that, the Display capture for all the 3 monitors shows the same Display (The primary one), I searched and found out about the unique ID, I checked my logs and I guess all of my 3 monitors have the same unique ID.

So, I reverted back to V28.1.2 and all things are working now, but I want to update to the latest version like I was before, how can I fix this issue?

Log file: https://obsproject.com/logs/nnBoA42NgtBvfSmD

Best regards,

koala

To learn what the newer OBS see from your monitors and show the wrong ones, we need a logfile from the newer OBS that exhibits the issue. Not the log from some older version that works for you.

As far as I remember the update notes of newer OBS version, you need to edit the properties of all your display capture sources and choose the correct monitor. It should stick now. If it doesn't stick, delete the display capture source and add it again.

Blackink

I think what koala said is true.
Unplugging your monitors and putting them back in different inputs will change what OBS sees.
I've gone through something similar so I just went into the properties and selected the correct monitor.

mmagdy88

To learn what the newer OBS see from your monitors and show the wrong ones, we need a logfile from the newer OBS that exhibits the issue. Not the log from some older version that works for you.

As far as I remember the update notes of newer OBS version, you need to edit the properties of all your display capture sources and choose the correct monitor. It should stick now. If it doesn't stick, delete the display capture source and add it again.
Sorry my bad, I thought I got the log of the version with issue, here you go:

I tried Properties then choosing the monitor from Display drop-down menu, but still, they all show the same primary monitor.
I tried as well removing the Source and adding it but still the same issue.
I think what koala said is true.
Unplugging your monitors and putting them back in different inputs will change what OBS sees.
I've gone through something similar so I just went into the properties and selected the correct monitor.
Unfortunately, whatever monitor I choose from the Properties, they all still show the same primary monitor.

mmagdy88

I think this should be reported to: https://github.com/obsproject/obs-studio/issues

Same IDs for different devices is not good.

But before you do it, try to make new Scene Collection and new Profile in OBS (developers likes clear results).
Actually, it was worth it, the issue was the TV that's connected to the graphics card, after I removed its cable, all working good now in the latest version, not sure why it happened though, thank you.